Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Bangor Chowder

I'm in Kuwait. At a USO. I've had a hot shower. And a hot meal (though 7 hours ago). I took a nap - laying down. I'd say things are going well. :)

We left Monday evening. We had a layover in Bangor, Maine. I had forgotten how much I actually like Maine. Not just because the plane and crowded and we needed a break... Maine is cool. The famous Greeters greeted us. I called Dad's cell, Mom's cell and the home phone. Finally talked with Dad a minute. The pilot suggested the lobster roll, but I really wanted New England clam chowder. They were out. I had a Diet Pepsi with Emi and Greg. I also had Greg's fries.

Then we went to Germany. I was tired. I don't know what day that even was.

Finally we arrived in Kuwait, waited around. Bussed to the base, inprocessing briefed and ate. I had the yummiest donut. I wish I had taken a picture. It was filled with a delightful strawberry cream filling and topped with pink strawberry flakes. The cottage cheese was bad. Everything else was adequate. The donut really made my day though. More than showers and cots to sleep on. Yummy donut.

My address will be:
Van Duzer, Bethany J.
Band Co., 1 ID, Unit #117
APO, AE 09374

I think...

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to let you know that I ventured away from my normal bowl of cereal this morning and ate a filled donut in honor of you. Unfortunately, it was not the tasty treat that your donut was. It was quite bland, but managed to give me indigestion nonetheless. That will teach me. But I just had to do it for you.

    Hope you find a pleasant moment in each day to counteract the inconveniences you come across.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete