Wednesday, March 31, 2010

This Week...


I watched 10 episodes of What Not To Wear.

I turned in 30 pounds of laundry.

I bought 2 pairs of footwear.

I got a quilt in the mail.

I drank 6 chocolate soymilks.

I spent 1 1/2 hours in a Chinook.

I became a fan of Spiderman.

I laughed a lot.

I took 44 pictures.

I decided first impressions are usually ultimately correct.

I took 10 showers.

I finished 13 Sudoku puzzles.

I played 10 rounds of Uno.

I won once.

I asked for lots of advice.

I cut my fingernails.

I ran 6 miles.

I joined the Basrah Bow Club.

And it's only Wednesday... I'm just kidding. It is Wednesday, but I'm counting back a week.

In just a couple hours it's going to be April. Time is going by faster than I imagined. I think right now I want it that way. It's good to be busy and it's good for time to go by. It's also good for that time to be enjoyed.

My favorite thing over here is being able to travel. I get to get away from all the craziness (and constant Wii), and do some of the things I wanted to do for a living 5 years ago when I signed a contract. Things like playing for Iraqis and "adding a touch of class" to yet another boring ceremony and making a normally tone-deaf Chaplain smile because there's real music at his service. I know what I do isn't terribly "entertaining to troops" like the rock bands, and I am okay with that, so I am really thankful when I am able to contribute musically over here.

And after 10 episodes of getting to watch women have $5,000 shopping sprees to spruce up their wardrobes, I'm contemplating taking a week-long shopping trip to NY and Boston with Mama LLama and Mama Bee and Baby Bee when I get home. I'm kinda thinking I'll care more about getting non-pink Baby clothes and perfect wash-and-go Mommy clothes and skinny Grandma clothes than Aunt Bethany clothes.

1 comment:

  1. Glad time is going by quickly and you are enjoying traveling. We can't wait for you to come and visit! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete